Sunday, March 14, 2010

Shopping GOLD!

All the ladies will understand this.

There are days when we trudge out to the shopping malls, with a mental list of the 'I really need's and everything is wrong.  So wrong that your ego takes a beating and each and every attempt to find something flattering or fun fails miserably and you quit the mall at closing time having picked up something for someone else, or some sort of accessory just to make you feel a little less like a torn-down, used-up and misshapen.

And then there are days of shopping GOLD, like I experienced yesterday.  The kind of day when you even find MORE than one bra that fits, which is like some sorta freaky miracle.  A CHOICE of bras to buy? Really? Is someone playing a trick? 

But seriously.  I had to put multiple pieces back yesterday because I could have come home with a new wardrobe - everything I tried on looked great and it was hard not to go overboard.  Talk about energizing!

What did I end up with?  Well, a pair of those cool new ortho runners for $6 (used a credit note), two free tops from Winners (used a gift card), pair of pinstripe dress pants and bra at 40% off (second item on sale), and at the final shop, I put back about half my choices but came away with two pairs of pants and another 4 tops - for only $200. 

Crazy good shopping day and days ahead where I feel good because I look good.  Win-win situations rock.

What's the best deal you've gotten lately, or the best success you've had? Got pix? (my camera lense is wrecked, so none from me....)

No comments:

Post a Comment