Saturday, March 28, 2009

A life well lived...

today I head to Montreal to celebrate my husband's lovely "Oma"'s 95th Birthday. She is and has been my 'Oma' also for a number of years now and I marvel not only at her sharp mind at this age, but at the life she has led and at how pure and wonderful is her spirit. I can only hope that I live half the life she has led with one half the spirit and spunk she has devoted to it. She is an incredible woman. In fact, she has lived through two world wars and on any given day you can find her completing crosswords in Dutch where each and every letter in the big box leads to another word (no blacked out spaces). I hope she loved the montage of photos we have created for her of shots of her home town and even her birth home in the villiage of Amersfoort. She can reminisce and enjoy these memories at any time of her day. Better wrap this stuff and get ready to go.

Here's to a long life, well lived....

No comments:

Post a Comment