Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The home stretch - and I mean STRETCH

So this is it. Only three days left of the "Waist-loss Challenge". Will I beat Leslie? Will I win against Kerry? Will I come in LAST (which, by the way, would NOT be okay with me, Ms. Competitionado. But you know, I just can't seem to get back to that time, almost three years ago, when I was SO. BLOODY. HARDCORE. I NEVER strayed from the portions. I NEVER had more than one drink in a day and when I did it was ALWAYS red wine. I was insane. And yeah...I lost 29 lbs in only 10 weeks - and 7.5% body fat at the same time.

But like I said, that was insane. And really, do I want to live like that? No. Really really not. Really. NOT. So I haven't really gone back there again. I still go back and wonder how I let myself get back to where I had started three years ago, but then, I have to stop doing that, because bad times and two miscarriage kinda screw with your emotional eating tendancies, you know?

So anyways. I've been working out. I've been MOSTLY eating really healthy. I've been naughty...just once or twice....

and you know what? That's what makes me a more interesting person to be around.

And when you're naughty, it can also mean you are stretchy, right? Flexible? Adventurous? Seriously limber? Yes....working out is such a goooooood thing!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you then, But I think you look great now...seriously jealous of those legs. One day when I have time for me I would like to participate in such a challenge.

    ReplyDelete