Saturday, May 2, 2009

The gears shift

Lessons I have now learned about being pregnant:

1. If you get sick with a cold or a flu, expect to enjoy this status for a LONG TIME. You have no immune system.
2. If you have mild medical issues or tendencies towards certain discomforts from mouth all the way down to waste disposal systems, they will quadruple or get ten times worse during pregnancy. I can't REALLY politely say more, but you'll be shocked, and it will be uncomfortable...very uncomfortable.
3. Sometimes, even when you are VERY happy and know your life is wonderful, you are simply grumpy, pessimistic and weary, and impatient. Very impatient.
4. Then, all of a sudden, the clouds clear up, and the sun shines and you have more energy and feel great.

And this, my friends, is where I actually think I might be! I have been feeling much better over the past two/three days, and my energy is SO much better than it was. The sky is blue, and we are having a baby! How cool is that?

But... I still have my cough.

No comments:

Post a Comment