Saturday, May 9, 2009

Better to be naked?

So one of the challenges to pregnancy is what the hell to wear. You keep growing, changing shape, and knowing that your size is temporary, and so you economize, and get creative and do what you can not to look sloppy, spend your life savings on useless throwaway clothes, and feel somehow confortable, as your belly, ass, hips and bust expand. And I am only just starting!

Take today as a prime example. I have a wedding to go to today, and another in mid-June, and so I decided that my only solution was to find a dress that would work for both events, and maybe even be something I can wear to work. Well, I found that dress, and it's great. However, it is also a summer dress. It's rainy and chilly today...doh! I guess it was too much to ask to have a sunny, warm day that would make my outfit suitable, eh?

Oh well. I am sure I can find a pashmina to toss over the shoulders and some shoes and make it work.

But yeah...most of the time, I want my yoga pants, a tank top, a pony tail, bare feet - things that stretch and won't restrain. And don't get me wrong - I love seeing myself expand. It's really exciting and fun, but I feel sloppy and not very put together now that I have so few clothes to wear!

Better to just go naked, maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment