Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Life gets real

Ya know, life's been good to me. And for many many years, I sailed through year after year with only mild upsets, occasional itty bitty challenges, and some tears of disappointment. I'm starting to realize that this reality I previously enjoyed is a bit less balanced than most people's reality. Not to be too morbid, but jeez - there is a lot of sorrow, a lot of bitter disappointment, and a massive amount of pain and anguish swirling around, isn't there?

I won't deliberately point to any one item, occasion or time, since over the past while in my life it's just been one thing after another, but I'm starting to see the scales shift against my favour. And that isn't to say that it is depressing me or that I am not happy, but I have changed as a result of the onslaught of bad news. How I see the world around me has changed. And I am ever so wary and slightly edgy in anticipation of the next time the boom comes down on me or my peeps.

Does it serve as a contrast to all the greatness that is around me? You bet. Does it slide into focus all that is joyful in life...absolutely yes. It has NOT managed to quash my sense of hope. It has NOT altered my actions much, or made me lose sight of my goals, but it sure has changed the way I see my life, my loves, my friends and what is most important in my life.

A good thing, I think. A new reality. It is a very real reality...

No comments:

Post a Comment