Thursday, April 9, 2009

What do you hear in these sounds?

Okay. So all I have between hearing my baby's heartbeat and now is the long weekend. Fantastic. At 7 weeks, (and closer to 8 by Tuesday), it should be possible to hear the baby's heartbeat via ultrasound (well...maybe the traditional one, but likely via a vaginal 'wand'. Thankfully I have never been squeamish about exams and other intimate moments like this, because when you are pregnant...it's all access baby!), which will make our pregnancy much more 'viable'. If I am not mistaken, it is possible also to be able to detect multiples (or confirm just one fetus, too, which is fine!). So excited!

I have to say, though, that the sounds that are out of the ordinary these days are my wheezing cough, sniffling sinuses, growling stomach, and unpleasant um....poofing. That, and continuous, nonstop yawning. MAN, your body is taken over by this thing! It doesn't seem to matter how much sleep you get (although I can only imagine that if I had to do with LESS sleep, I would be collapsing mid-day each day), you are ready to put your head down all day long for a nap. I can only imagine how tough it is for Moms that already have a little one at home, or worse than that, have a full time job PLUS little ones at home. BRUTAL.

But all worth it and they SAY it goes away after a while - for me within a month or so now? (I am hoping).

So I am devouring books on the subject of pregnancy, and have duly subscribed to the proper e-newsletter baby progress updates and online reading...any suggestions on what I need to start to do now? I feel like I am in a holding pattern, because obviously it is too early to shop for anything, and the weather hasn't really cooperated to make us willing to start home projects or anything. That said, this weekend will pose the perfect opportunity to begin a couple inside jobs, so I will be tackling those.

Ultrasound in 5 days. Wicked.

No comments:

Post a Comment