Thursday, February 12, 2009

ten minutes

Ten minutes before I have to drag my sorry butt out for another late volleyball match after another intensely stressful day at work. As I have said, I am loving the challenge, but not so much the 9-10 hour days with no lunch or break and intense mental workouts all day long. But I am making slow and steady progress, even WITH the monumentally fabulously insanely ridiculous approval processes we have to go through.

So here's my question...does anyone out there get really selfish about the time they have with their loved ones? Do you resent if OTHER family or visitors take away your time with the family members you haven't seen in a long time? Maybe it is the emotional rollercoaster I have been through over the last 4 months or so (have a baby, lose a baby, try for a baby, think you have a baby again but find out you don't....repeat....without another actual baby of course), but the week that I get to spend with my Mom and Dad is supposed to be mine alone, and not shared with a bunch of other people. Plus...I selfishly just want to be alone, relaxed, sunbathing under the sun with nothing more to do than chill with a very small group of very close family members. That is what we paid for. Right?

God, I feel selfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment