Sunday, August 22, 2010

What's in a name?

I bet I fooled you, and you thought this post would reveal the names we have chosen for our twin girls to come.  Nope.  Those, we are keeping under wraps until the big arrival.  Sorry.

That said, the house is abuzz today with family and friends helping assemble furniture, patch walls, sort, clean and PURGE.  While doing so, I was given a box I had put together of treasures from my past.  Yes, folks, we're talking journals from my late teens/early 20's, love letters from past beaus, momentos from travels, film memorabilia from my days as an 'indie filmmaker' (and yes, I threw out approximately 40 VHS copies of my short film destined way back when for film festivals all over the world, recycling the cases. I will be taking my BETA master to a dubber to put it on DVD for posterity, so all is not lost!). 

And, I came across a printout of the meaning of my name, Pam, that I had kept 'cause I thought it was hilarious.  I'm curious what you all think...bang on?  Yes, but?

Here it is:

Pam: Your first name of Pam has made you a friendly, approachable, and generous person. Generally you are good-natured, though at times you can be blunt and sarcastic. As you are naturally talkative, you find it easy to meet and make friends with many people. This name inclines you to be sympathetic and generous to those in difficult or unfortunate circumstances. You can be firm, positive, and independent in your own ideas and in reaching your own decisions, yet when it comes to taking action or following any appreciation shown you. There are artistic, creative abilities in this name that you could express through music or singing, or, in a practical way, through sewing or interior decorating. You enjoy freedom from monotony and are stimulated by unexpected opportunities for meeting people, entertaining, or pursuing activities of a carefree nature. In your work, you find it difficult to be neat and orderly. You rarely plan things ahead of time, or follow a routine. Emotion and feeling, the desire to be carefree, friendly, and happy, are the driving forces in your being, rather than shrewdness, ambition, and material success.

Now I'm wondering...what does your name say about you? Have you looked it up?  Got a funny one that's way off?  Would love to hear.

And now...I can throw out that printout.  Another successful purge. Yay for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment