Wednesday, January 14, 2009

By way of explanation

So as I get into this blogging habit, I want to beef up, customize and make more personal my page and the information on it. I also want to be sure that it contains a good amount of interesting content on one of the more personal pet topics you will likely see much discourse on as I share my thoughts.

Thus, you will note that there are new blog addresses posted to my blog list containing personal accounts of the mental illness, schizophrenia. This is because this illness is in my family now, although not in my immediate family, blessedly. And...it is a subject matter now that I intend to follow closely and gather more knowledge on. I am actually excited to be volunteering soon for the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Ottawa chapter to help them resurrect their defunct newsletter. Given the pervasiveness of mental illnesses and the misunderstanding and stigma attached to these diseases, I want to contribute to this meaningful dialogue.

So...I hope the links are interesting to you, and if you have any first-hand account, or even opinions on the topic, I welcome your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment