Thursday, January 22, 2009

Things are going swimmingly

Tomorrow, in the middle of January, I am packing up my bathing suit and heading to work. Yes. Halfway through my day, I will leave my office, cross the street, and proceed to slip into cool waters and enjoy one of the sports I have loved all my life, and I am really pumped about it. You know, a lot of people hate the smell of chlorine, but I love the poolside and all that it evokes, and can't wait. It helps, too, that the Chateau Laurier has towel service and a steam bath in the changeroom! Wahoooo....!

So on this dreary January day, I beseech everyone to seek out the spa, or a sauna, or some environment that sooths and warms you, whether that be wrapped in a cozy blanket in front of a fire, or reading in bed with some favourite music playing, or weirdly, hitting the pool to sweat things out a bit, THEN hitting the sauna...Sploosh!

No comments:

Post a Comment