Saturday, January 2, 2010

Don't look back. You can never look back.

Don Henley was a sage man.

Yah, you can learn by studying past experiences and finding revelations in them, but you know what? I've never been good at 'my life in review'. I thought, for about 5 minutes, that it would be a good exercise for me to read my posts from the past year, and then blog a bit about the better insights, or the funnier statements, or even the most useless and/or uninteresting things I wasted time saying, but I couldn't mustre up the energy. Really couldn't. I'm just not that girl, who overthinks her actions or worries about things she has done in the past. No regrets, man, NO REGRETS.

So what about the future, then? What the heck do I hope to be able to say this year to myself, to you, to the blogger world? Do I have to have a plan, or a theme, or some heaven-sent insights to feel worthy of writing? ...

Well, yeah, I kinda do. At the very least, I should have a plan or a point to my posts. I should have a specific item to share, tidbit to impart or idea to pose, and if not that, then I should say something funny. Why? Because although a blog can simply be an outlet to express yourself, if you want people to read, you have to say something INTERESTING.

So that is my objective this year - if I don't have something interesting to say, I won't say anything at all, because to me, saying nothing is better than turning people off reading due to the dull dronings of an uninspired chick in a bitterly cold capital city. And if I DO have something to say, I will share it, because gosh darn it, I want people to like me (and read me)! (*Thanks to Mashable for great info!)

- It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped (Anthony Robbins)

No regrets...Here's to 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment